Today officially marks 2 weeks since I had my surgery and I have to say I feel amazing. I thought since I haven’t posted in awhile due to my lack of being able to do ANYTHING I would share some of my recovery experience so far.
Here are the top 3 things that have been the hardest post-op:
1. Hands down the absolute worst thing about recovering from surgery has been sleeping. I am a stomach sleeper and obviously with my surgery this is not going to happen right now. This surprisingly has been harder than not working out. In the past two weeks I have slept through the night maybe (and this is being generous) 3 nights! My new best friend has been a Tylenol PM before bed…it is the only way I can function the next day.
2. Not WODing. I go to sleep at night feeling unfulfilled, like there is a part of me missing (cue dramatic music). I know it is only 6 weeks but when something is such a big part of your life it is hard to just let it go. I have become best friends with the stairs in my apartment building…its the only way to stay sane.
3. Three words…POST OP BLOATING! OMG I can’t even explain how annoying and terrible it is to be so bloated all the time. The doctor said it takes about 3 weeks for it to go away and it feels like forever. I have to say it has gotten much better. When I first got out of surgery I looked like I was 5 months pregnant…it was insane! This in combination with not being able to workout has been a mental battle for me.
Now on to the tope 3 best things about recovery:
1. I have boobs now! Everything listed above is totally worth it to have boobs…it is something I have wanted for such a long time and I am so happy I made the decision to finally do it (thanks to Jon too).
2. I am giving my body a rest (even though I can’t sleep) and am able to focus on my mobility and getting my body ready to come back even stronger than when I left.
3. I get to spend a lot more time with my family and friends since I am not dedicating so much time to working out. I have actually been able to reconnect with old friends, spend quality time with Jon and hang out with my mom so much more. They have been my saviors for the past two weeks. Especially Jon, he is so freaking amazing!
And there it is…the good, the bad and the ugly of recovery.
Four more weeks and counting until I am back at the box!